Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



9.13.2011

Autumn Reflection


Autumn is right around the corner! So excited. I haven't dug out all my fall decorations yet. Trying to hold off for the weekend. However, I decided to get a little crafty with the upcoming season.
My supplies were rather simple.
Round mirror
Round chipboard
Paint
Ribbon
E6000 glue
Vinyl Lettering

The first stop is drilling holes around the circle to weave the ribbon through. Finding the center of the circle can be tough and then spacing the holes evenly apart is even tougher. Unless you use a template. So, I made a simple circle with dividing lines in Word.

When drilling through this thin wood chip board, you cannot use too much pressure or use too big of drill bit. It will make the wood chip or break. So, I used three different drill bits, starting with the smalled and working up towards the biggest. It sounds time consuming, but it really isn't once you have drilled all the small holes first.

Once all the holes were drilled, I lightly sanded the edges and around the holes. I then painted the wooden circle. After I painted the wooden circle, I used E6000 glue to glue the mirror to the wooden circle.

I let the glue dry so the mirrow wouldn't slide out of place.
I didn't weave the ribbon, I just pushed the ribbon in each whole. The ribbon was wide enough and the hole small enough to keep it in place.
I then used vinyl lettering for 'autumn'. It is easily removeable and I can use different words, or use at a base of a large candle on a table.
Simple. Just the way I like it. Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment