Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



11.25.2011

Bringing the Outdoors In

I am a wanna be gardener. I love fresh flowers and miss them a great deal when it gets cold. A few years ago I began saving my pruned hydrangea heads, drying them out and using them at Christmas time. This year I have added them to the Christmas tree, garlands and to this arrangement I threw together today. Note: To dry out hydrangeas, I simply throw them in paper bags and leave them in the garage until Christmas. I usually prune when they just start to turn brown, so I get more green. But this year I was a little late. I have this beautiful vase that in all honesty is usually put away. I'm always afraid the kids will break it.
I simply added styrofoam, put branches in from our curly willow tree and added the dried hydrangeas at the base of the arrangement. I added some Christmas sparkle with the beaded garland. It looks really pretty. Somtimes I think the photos don't show things very well. I need a photographer to come over. Hope you are enjoying decking your halls! Only 5 more posts to go for our month of Christmas Crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment