Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



11.07.2011

Chalkboard Placemats

Yeah, I know, this sounds kind of crazy. Chalkboard Placemats for Christmas? But, I am a bit whimsical and thought it would be a nice contrast to my tablecloth and white dishes. It will be fun to to draw on them at Christmas dinner. We can use them anytime really, and the kids will have fun playing with them too. I was planning on doing this and cutting them out using wood. However, I found these lovely placemats displaying the beautiful architecture of London. If I had discovered them sooner I would have used them when Prince William and Princess Kate got married. Missed that, so, might as well make chalkboards out of them!
They have a slick surface that I attempted to sand down. It was difficult, so I chose to spray primer on all of them.
I then spray painted each of them with chalkboard paint. I sprayed 3 coats on them. The spray can instructions are that the paint needs to cure for 24 hours. Instead of chalkboard paint, you can buy a flat enamel paint. It is much cheaper. Paint 3 coats on and allow it to cure for 3 days.
Once cured no matter which paint you use, rub chalk all over it, then erase. Do not use a clay chalk and use an old fashion eraser on them.
Here's a mini preview to the place setting. Not complete by any means.
At the beginning of December I will post pictures of the final table setting for you to see.

2 comments: