Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



11.16.2011

Right on Target

Today's wreath is a little un-orthodox you might say. A few years ago my dad and I were commenting on how cool the Target Pharmacy medicine bottles were. I mentioned it might make a fun looking wreath. Well, he began saving them and well, I have enough to make at least two wreaths. I am considering hanging them in front of the window to have the daylight reflect through. This is fairly simple. I used 27 pharmacy bottles. I took the labels off. However, the stickiness left behind isn't a concern, because they are all glued together. I hot glued them together and the angle of the bottle formed the circle. I applied the hot glue to the bottom inch or so of the bottle face. The tops don't touch real well due to the caps. Once it is all glued together, simply wrap a ribbon around and hang. NOTE: Since making this and it was hung in our window some of the hot glue sections did not hold. Not sure why. So I have repaired them using E6000 glue with better results. I probably should make a disclaimer. I know some medicines should not be touched by anyone but the person taking them. So, be informed of what was in the bottles before proceeding to be certain. Also, I wouldn't allow children to handle the bottles. Wash your hands when done. If you have any concerns, ask your pharmacist.

No comments:

Post a Comment