Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



11.22.2011

Oh Christmas Tree

This was a really fun little craft to do this evening. I used: 6" styrofoam cone pages from an old hymnal circle punch (1 1/8") hot glue old candle holder
I punched a bunch of circles from music from a hymnal. I then curled the circles by wrapping them around a pencile for a few seconds.
I then began hot gluing the circles onto the tree covering the styrofoam thoroughly. I layered the circles atop each other. One row I began gluing to the left and the next to the right. I don't know if it made a difference, but I wanted to avoid uniformity.
I continued almost all the way to the top, leaving about a 1/4". Next I cut approximately a 3" square from the music and made a cone shape, securing it with hot glue. I then cut the cone bottom to make it even, and hot glued it to the top of the tree, overlapping the circles.
I added more curled circles atop the cone, and then hot glued it to an old wooden candle holder.

1 comment:

  1. So neat Michelle. This would look great in a group of trees in varied sizes, or even using antiquing on the edges. So many ways to personalize. This is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete