Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



11.06.2011

Down Home Goblets

We are a very casual family and therefore decorate accordingly. I also am incredibly frugal. So, when it comes to the holidays I love to use simple materials in unusual ways. I saw this idea on Pinterest, & had to do it. The original idea came from this website http://meggielynne.tumblr.com/ but I didn't see the actual project on it. I'm sure it is there somewhere. To create these 'stunning' goblets you need: Mason Jars Candle Holders (yep, from the $ Store, or cheaper at thrift stores sometimes) E6000 glue
Before you begin, analyze the bottom of your jar to make sure it can be stable while the glue is adhering. Most will work, but it's just important to check just in case... Make sure both the jar and candle holder are clean. Simply apply E6000 glue to the top of the candle holder. I recommend actually doing the process upside down. Less likely something will tumble this way.
E6000 glue is water resistant, allowing you to wash items when using it. I recommend allowing 48 hours to allow the glue to set before using.
Kind of fun and fancy. In December you will be able to see the holiday table place settings. I can't wait to see the end result of everything I am making. I am will be adding to the base of these the Cozi Coaster, which I posted on 11/4. If you don't want to use as drinking glasses, you can fill them partly with epsom salt and put a tea light inside. Put a larger votive candle inside, but I think it would be hard to clean the wax out. Line them up an create the ceterpiece I did with the vases posted on 11/3. Or simply use as a vase and fill with flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment