Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



11.12.2011

Coloring With Stars

I honestly wasn't planning on doing any posts with children's crafts. It is NOT my favorite thing to do, despite anyone's preconceived notions about me. However, I did this with my daughter and it was so much fun. For her birthday a couple of weeks ago, I was planning on doing a craft with the girls that involved mutulated crayons. When my idea didn't work out, itty bitty pieces of crayon sat for two weeks in my kitchen. I decided to do this simply to keep little hands busy. I mutulated the crayons using an old food processor. Do not use one unless this is the only project you will be doing with it. Go get one at a thrift store for cheap if you need to. You can also break crayons in small pieces. Of course, tear off the paper first. Another project that will keep small hands busy.
My daughter then spooned the crayon pieces into the stars of a silicone form.
I put the silicone pan on a baking sheet. We baked the crayon stars for 15 minutes at 230 degrees. Do not bake longer. I did my last batch for 20 minutes, and the colors blended together and made not so pretty colors. Also, they broke easier when popping them out of the baking sheet. This is what it looks like when they first come out.
They cooled overnight. And turned out so cute we decided to use them as Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment