Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



11.09.2011

Tiered Treat Stand

I love the daintiness of cake stands. I have seen many ideas on making a tiered stand in the blog world. A great idea is to use stove burner covers to create one. And that was my intention. That is until I came across this tart/flan something or other pans from Pampered Chef at the, yes you got it, the thrift store. I love the scalloped edge.
I decided to spray paint them ivory to have a neutral colors that will go with many occassions.
I used two wooden candle holders for the base and for the center post. Depending on where each piece landed, I either screwed it into the metal plate, or I glued it with E6000 glue. The top finial is one I purchased from Lowes. The wooden pieces I spray painted the same ivory color. However, I anitqued them with antiquing gel. I prefer to not serve food directly on a spray painted surface. Just doesn't sound like a good idea. I will serve treats from cupcake holders, or line the surface with scrapbook paper. I have it decorated for fall for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment