Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



11.21.2011

Paper Snowflakes OR Stars OR Poinsettia, Whichever

My oh so crafty friend Sheri taught Sarah and I how to make these sweet little snowflakes...or poinsettias, as that is what they look like to me. Sheri also gave me old music sheets that her sister Jodi found in her barn. All of that is important information to you I'm sure. I made five of them and hung them from our light fixture above our stairway. At that top of the fixture you'll notice I attached a wreath and wrapped burlap garland around it. I love the look of it. And after making a few I will attempt to make instructions as simple as possible. You will need: paper up to 12" wide. The smaller the paper the smaller the snowflake hot glue gun 1. Cut 12 3/4" strips and fold in half. You can make them thinner or wider.
2. Take six strips and layer them, weaving them together. In the picture below I put which way the opening of the folds should go. It does not matter which way the middle (M) strip faces. This is important (but not crucial) to a later step. I hot glued all the places in which two pieces crossed. Sheri prefers to simply hot glue the two middle strips. Repeat this step with the remaining six strips of paper.
3. Using north, south, east, west as a description you take the north, right strip and connect it to the east top strip. To do this open up one side and hot glue the end of the other strip inside it. Continue until you have formed 4 corners that look like petals. Repeat this step with the 2nd set of layered strips.
4. On both sets you should have 4 straight pieces sticking out. It is now time to glue the two sets together in the center. When you do this, make sure that one set of straight pieces forms an X and the other set forms a cross +. Glue the backs together.
5. Next you will attach the straight pieces to the center point of each petal with hot glue. When you do this, weave the straight piece through as if you were weaving.
6. You should now have an 8 pointed star, snowflake or poinsettia. Whichever you'd like to consider it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment